Saturday, February 1, 2014

MRI Status



I’ve kind of lost track of this piece, mostly because it’s on hold until at least after I’m done with chemo.  I had an MRI just after Christmas to look more closely at some anomalies that had showed up in the earlier abdominal ultra-sound tests.  The MRI confirms a small spot on my liver, and an eleven-centimeter growth on my right kidney.  My oncologist isn’t concerned with either.  She says if the spot on my liver is cancer, the chemo will take care of it.  And the growth on my kidney is most likely harmless, and something that would never have turned up except for the other test.  She said I’d be surprised at how many odd things turn up that never cause a problem.  At any rate, after the chemo, there will likely be another MRI to see if there any changes, and a visit to an urologist to rule out any problems.
###

No comments:

Post a Comment