Saturday, February 1, 2014

Why me?



Initially, I didn’t believe I had cancer.  Once I accepted that as fact, it seemed that my entire life started to revolve around the actual mechanics of cancer treatment.  Each round of chemo starts in the infusion bay, 6 hours in the chair, receiving hydration and drugs intravenously.  Back the next day for 3 hours, more hydration and then the Neulasta injection to goose my white blood cell count.  Then home, nausea starts in the late afternoon, the bone pain starts that evening, and the next 3 or 4 days are spent trying to mitigate the various side-effects from chemo and the other anti-nausea and pain relief medications. 

But there was a day when I asked the silence…
Why me?
And got a response.  Why not you?
It will show you that you are much stronger than you know.
It will make you stronger still.
It will help others become stronger too.
And that was really all I needed to know.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment